Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Womens' History Month!

As I write this, I'm listening to Liz Phair's "Extraordinary" and feeling just that! I'm excited by the idea of started a new stage in this year of revolt. For March, and it couldn't be planned better, I'm researching the fight for Women's Rights, both domestically and internationally.

This, I've found out, is the fun part. The research month is full of reading all the books I want, watching all the documentaries and talking to as many people I can.

I've got a few books on my list to check out:
Cinderella Ate My Daughter
Factory Girls

On my list of YouTube Videos are a couple of brilliant young women:

Nineteenpercent is a smart outspoken feminist who cares about the state women are in today. Check out her Tumblr too!


feministfrequency voices all the crappy things wrong with today's media and how they damage the image and self-esteem of women. Check out her website too!


Wish me luck with finding more resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment